Wind Turbine Tech II Job
Date: Sep 4, 2014
Location: Lamar, CO, US
Req ID: 2013-12784
Location Name: NRG Colorado Green
Type: Full Time Hourly
# Openings: 4
Details About this Career Opportunity:
NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. We deliver cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers, backed by the nation’s largest independent power generation portfolio of fossil fuel, nuclear, solar and wind facilities. A Fortune 500 company, NRG is challenging the U.S. energy industry by becoming the largest developer of solar power, building the first privately-funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and providing customers with the most advanced smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. In addition to 47,000 megawatts of generation capacity, enough to supply nearly 40 million homes, our retail electricity providers – Reliant, Green Mountain Energy and Energy Plus – serve more than two million customers. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Posting for Colorado Green Wind, 20 miles South of Lamar on Hwy 287, Lamar, CO 81052
- Follow safety procedures, observe safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform all wind turbine mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance.
- Documents all work performed, parts used and time spent using computer based service reporting procedures.
- Read and have a basic understanding of electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of SCADA communication systems.
- Operate and maintain service vehicle.
- Maintain tools in good working order and well organized.
- Candidate must have experience in GE wind turbine maintenance and an understanding of OEM approved mechanical maintenance methods and practices.
- Candidate must possess the skills to perform mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance.
- Candidate must possess the ability to communicate orally and in writing and the ability to work without direct supervision during performance of work.
- Candidate must possess and A.S. degree (electrical or technical) or one year wind turbine experience.
- Ability to safely handle and work with objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders unassisted up to 250 feet
- Ability to safely work in a wide range of adverse climates and environments
- Ability to travel to other wind sites as required
- A valid driver's license and good driving record
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
NRG Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title/Salary Commensurate on Experience
Official description on file with Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: Colorado