Simply Smart Analyst Job
Date: Sep 11, 2014
Location: Houston, TX, US
Req ID: 2014-13822
Location Name: NRG Pavilions Corporate Office
Category: Retail Operations
Type: Full-Time Salary
# Openings: 1
Details About this Career Opportunity:
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 250 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy
The SimplySmart Analyst is responsible for the analysis and resolution of global issues affecting Texas Retail Operations. In addition, the SimplySmart Analyst must monitor the effectiveness of business processes, conduct analysis, make recommendations, and coordinate implementation for system and process improvements resulting in timely and correct completion of customer issues. In this role the SimplySmart Analyst must develop skills and knowledge to effectively address and resolve issues across multiple functional groups including but not limited to Customer Care, Information Technology, Back Office Operations (including invoicing, service initiation, remittance processing), Consumer Operations, Marketing, Legal, Regulatory.
- Identify and document technical system and process requirements for improved operational efficiencies and customer service related global issues.
- Provide analytical and technical support to Texas Retail Operations teams for analysis of internal business processes and system capabilities to improve accuracy and efficiency related to completion of global issues.
- Gain cross functional support and approval for system and process changes from key stakeholders and Change Management Team to affect timely and complete implementation.
- Develop and document training requirements, training materials and provide training as required for call center representatives, supervisors and management.
- Prepare spreadsheets, graphics, and word documents as required for reporting, analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Maintain close and ongoing relationships with internal customer facing groups as well as Back Office to affect timely response to customer issues.
Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver business cases based on solid analysis and business intuition.
- Manage large and small changes into Texas Retail Operations through coordination with key business and information technology teams.
- Document end user processes, step actions, and scripting in support of all implemented changes.
- Develop and perform testing for system and processes changes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to existing processes for contact center and mid-office operations.
- Develop and train key process for contact center and mid-office operations
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
1-3 years experience in operations within the energy industry or retail operations in competitive consumer services or consumer package goods required. Strong project management skills and experience as well as relationship building skills are preferred.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project management lifecycle.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be an effective team player.High level of honesty and integrity.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.Results oriented.SAP – CCS skills preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including all MS Office applications are required.
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.
Nearest Major Market: Houston